Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Bare Minerals "Glimmer Heart" eye shadow

★ ★ ★ 








I really like this eye shadow. It's a shimmery, light violet rose color that I think would look nice on most women. It stays on really well unlike other mineral powder eye shadows that, instead of having shimmer, has glittery specks in them and gets all over the face. I have a few other eye shadows from Bare Minerals, but this is my only shimmer shadow from them so far. I want to get a suede color shadow by them as well. It is a little pricey, in my opinion, but it does last a long time, since you don't need to use much per application.

The brushes they make to apply the eye shadow are really great. Although I wish they were synthetic instead of boar hair, I love them anyway. I have the tapered eye shadow brush, eye liner brush and the contour brush, and they work great. You can sometimes get the brushes with an eye shadow kit, which is where I got mine. I do recommend getting the eye shadow brush if you are going to get the eye shadow or any eye shadow from them, though, because the eye shadows work best with it. Although, I have read good reviews on Eco Tools brushes. They are half the price and I don't think they are made from animal hair, so that's a plus. I haven't personally used them, so I can't say if they are good quality or not.





ingredients to "Glimmer Heart":

Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, CI 77491, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470),Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Kaolin (CI 77004), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)






While listing the ingredients on here, I realized this eye shadow has Carmine in it. I am a vegan and do NOT like products of any kind with animal ingredients. All my other Bare Minerals do not contain animal ingredients (at least to my knowledge), so I had assumed it wouldn't either, but I was wrong! Bare Minerals claim their products are pure and natural, which I had thought was true, until I realized that many of their newer products contain things that I don't think are healthy and that I don't want to put on my face! They don't contain chemicals, though, so if you don't mind animal products like carmine or beeswax in your cosmetics, then Bare Minerals would be an option. I have to take two stars off  because of it, though. :(



No comments:

Post a Comment